new xbox, no trade ins or re-sales!

Ive been hearing alot about the next gen consoles, and as a massive xbox gamer with over 200 games something worries me.

XBOX & P.S announced that the next console will only work with new games, cancelling  out borrowing games off friends and buying pre owned virtually killing out game shops.

supposedly all games for the new consoles will come with a code like the fifa online pass and other games, this will register the game to your console and your console only. a friend has told me that P.s have scrapped this idea leaving only the xbox community screwed!

if anyone else knows anything about this and can confirm that this is total rubbish or if it is actually going to happen. if so then i wont ever be upgrading my 360 to the next console and they can stick my previous money spent so far on xbox games/consoles and accessories over the last 6years (between 5-10k) up their hairy butts :D.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its all true and its been confirmed that it will need to be constantly connected to mains electricity to play games.  

well surely most people disagree with there choice, and if we really mean so much to them surely the people will get together and make there voices heard. we cant stand for this! we as customers are king so why we letting them treat us like peasants! if  1 million people can say no surely they will change there greedy minds

[quote user="TheDogsBllx"]

Ive been hearing alot about the next gen consoles, and as a massive xbox gamer with over 200 games something worries me.

[/quote]

Then don't buy one.

It was ages before I bought an XBox because it was expensive and even then I wasn't going to be taken in by this "Xbox LIVE" lark where they wanted me to pay an annual subscription.

Eventually the original XBox dropped in price and so I traded in my Gamecube for one.

The 360 seemed great but it wasn't until there was an actual reason to buy one ("Oblivion") that I bought one.

If someone you know asks you if you want to do something you don't want to do you don't do it.

So that some people are worried about falling over themselves for the privilige of paying to do something they don't want to do... well that's kind of puzzling.

If you don't fancy what's on offer save your money until there's something you like.

Az

true say azrael but i had a plan in mind,

im sitting on a gold mine of alot of xbox stuff. my plan was to sell up all a few months before the release of the new xbox so i get a good price still online. then i would of used that money to upgrade my console. BUT... the way things are looking i doubt i'll be joining the band wagon of new console owners.

i guess if i was to get a new console the only way round it would be swapping machines or HDD with friends to play there games hahaha as you wont be able to trade games anymore!

profile recovery FTW!

[quote user="Genchy"]

its been confirmed that it will need to be constantly connected to mains electricity to play games.  

[/quote]

Damn, i thought that was just a rumour...

I honestly don't think it can be all that legal to have an organisation prohibit you in any way of being able to re-sell something once you are done with something or unhappy. By not being able to sell or trade used software and being forced to have to keep it... it must in some way question consumer rights. Everytime I've bought a game and it's awful I do sell it on, but without this option I think more and more people will only buy games that they trust are going to be to their satisfaction, or franchises they already love. I think it will impact game sales in a big way when you're buying something you have to keep permanently the minute you unwrap it!

Still only a rumor.

-

Sony haves said it won't block used games on ps4

-

but I expect a online type pass  to be extended to what we have now.

-

like i said rumors at the moment for the next box if true i will avoid if not i will buy but i await the REAL announcement

[quote user="oo Yungstar oo"]

[quote user="Genchy"]

its been confirmed that it will need to be constantly connected to mains electricity to play games.  

[/quote]

Damn, i thought that was just a rumour...

[/quote]lol

[quote user="TheDogsBllx"]

true say azrael but i had a plan in mind,

im sitting on a gold mine of alot of xbox stuff. my plan was to sell up all a few months before the release of the new xbox so i get a good price still online. then i would of used that money to upgrade my console. BUT... the way things are looking i doubt i'll be joining the band wagon of new console owners.

[/quote]

It's not really something that's worth worrying about now.

These machines haven't even been released and all people are doing is a whole lot of guesswork.

Also now is a bad time to be buying anything.

Too many companies have simply gotten greedy and a MacDonalds Generation has gotten too used to having things "there way, right away" to the point that they don't question their purchases.

Thantks to people like this we may be paying the price for the entire next gen of consoles.

Let their crooked business models sink like a stone (i.e. don't buy it) and eventually we'll get our games back.

Az