New Xbox Live Proofs

Hi,

My girlfriend and I were pleasantly surprised when we were sick in the middle of the night and tried to watch Netflix on Xbox Live and came to find out you are now requiring a second email address or phone. I have one email that I want on this account, and don't want my phone on there. I'm a software engineer with a strong background in security, and i don't need anyone to tell me how to keep my accounts secure, which this new practice obviously isn't about. It's pretty low to lock your current customers out of the service they paid for unless they bow down to your new rules. However, your practices have become more and more of a burden to your customers whom you clearly don't care about, and everyone I know with an xbox all feels the same. We all have them so we can play together with the same system, and in light of your increasingly unethical business practices, we have decided to change our gaming systems to PC's and Playstations. I honestly thought I would be able to finish out my subscription that I've already paid for, but that only seems possible by jumping through hoops trying to please your neverending quest for control of your customers. Wish this could get resolved and run out my current subscription at least, but eh well, I'm glad to kick the 360 goodbye a little early, and knowing that I won't upgrade to the Xbox One will save a lot of time and money. I'll be enjoying some Civ 5 on Steam. Peace.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Actually it is for security, or more specifically it's for account recovery, I've seen tons of people over the years complaining about losing their accounts that would have been saved if they had up to date information.  I've seen people lose accounts they've had for years because of that.

I'm hardly one to discourage someone from going with the PC master race, but I have to say your complaint here seems pretty flimsy, Microsoft wants to make sure your account has recovery information so that you don't lose it.  While YOU may be good about such things tons of Xbox owners aren't, so it makes perfect sense for them to push people to update their information.

I wish you luck on your swap though, have a nice night.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Aggelos,

I'm really sorry to hear there were some issues with your security proofs. Those proofs are designed to help people keep their account more secure.

If you're having issues setting things up, you may want to get in touch with out Phone Support team. They'll be best equipped to work with you and get things sorted out with your account.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from not wanting to add a second e-mail or phone number. For these concerns I would really recommend posting in our Feedback Forums to help ensure that they are seen by the right eyes.

Please let us know if you have any other Xbox Support questions we can assist with and make sure to be nice to Gandhi.

Sorry this didn't help.

all im going to say is i am now switching becouse i have had my main account for over five years and now i cant get on it or this account becouse of this bs i get off work and log onto my account and then i get this xbox/live/proof bs asking for my email and password and its the same of course and then after i press A button three times on enter it gives me an error saying sorry it did not work the one thing i don't want to do when i get off is deal with this non-sense  them making this xbox/live/proofs has just made it so i cant play on my xbox its like i am banned now because i don't want the stupid proof questions that's plain out wrong that Microsoft did that i was playing on my account just fine a day before and now i cant even sign in that just makes me upset that i cant relax and casually just sign into my account i have to deal with bs its not a good experience or smart at-least let me keep my account and play on it and if i get hacked then its my own dam fault u shouldn't force this onto people its plain out wrong sorry for the negative but i feel that i should still be allowed to access my account

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DxROCKSxFILTHY!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.