New Xbox LIVE Diamond Service

Leaks, rumors, and stuff we already knew; it's all part of the lead up to E3. IGN is set to make a big announcement tomorrow regarding Microsoft's next big thing for the Xbox 360. Why wait? It comes under good authority that Project Orapa - the long talked about IPTV and XBL mash-up is set to be unveiled at E3. Even better news, we won't have to wait long for the release of the Orapa. Microsoft is planning to have IPTV in gamer's homes by the end of this year with a target date of November 15th.

There is a hitch though. Orapa won't be free. The reason for the codename is because Microsoft will also be unveiling Xbox LIVE Diamond. The service will include Orapa which will carry several channels once exclusive to cable and satellite providers. We don't have any further details on XBL Diamond or Orapa at this time, but are certain more information will come to light before the official announcement at E3. Our biggest question as we wait now is "How much will XBL Diamond set us back?".

http://gameplaytoday.com/home/news-archive/5695-project-orapa-is-the-new-xbox-live-diamond-with-iptv

Hmmm, sounds interesting if it's true and doesn't cost too much.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The ones ive seen have the ping test in them numpty

i don't care if can't use the diamond card in stores over here (blighty) ,  cos i never go out anyway. i just want one to show all my friend, he'd sh!t his pants!

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

Big Laugh Out Loud at the peeps with speedtest results in their signature, I love the ignorance in trying to prove they have a better gaming connection

Try showing us your ping test results instead

On topic: I think Xbox LIVE is already too expensive, we are being charged twice over now (with access codes) to play certain games online which is daylight robbery!

[/quote]

Im very proud of my crappy connection actually.

Big Laugh Out Loud at the peeps with speedtest results in their signature, I love the ignorance in trying to prove they have a better gaming connection

Try showing us your ping test results instead

On topic: I think Xbox LIVE is already too expensive, we are being charged twice over now (with access codes) to play certain games online which is daylight robbery!

I agree.  Compared with the U.S. we here in the UK and Europe seem to get a less superior Gold service for our money.  Its about time that we got the same as the U.S. as when we look at it, we are paying more for us Gold subscription than the U.S. does.

Would be happy for it to be a us only.

We get naff all for our gold at the moment vs us users

Ummm, that will probably only be US exclusive, or they will get the best channels while we get the really bad ones.

Maybe they'll reduce the price for Gold subscription? Nah, why would they do that?

I've receive free Gold memberships all the time from Xbox. C:

This existed a long time ago in the US as a rewards card scheme, like free shots at Starbucks and stuff I believe.

[quote user="Whagi"]

Microsoft need to give Gold members in the UK a lot more before they offer another service on top of that.

[/quote]

They should give us everything the USA has. But it looks like we might have to pay more to get the same.