New xbox : Having an issue with xbox live account

We brought our son an xbox for christmas. He set it up yesterday and we could not get it to connect to xbox live. I went through all the troubleshooting and finial today got it to finaly connect to xbox live. He create a profile and tried to associate it to his emaill account but it said it was already associated. I logged into gmail and changed that password. Then I recovered the microsoft account and signed in only to find out someone has created a profile called PryingPluto6477 on his email address.

Going through the forums here I see there is no way to delete the profile from the email address. Ifs there a way to get rid of or removed from his email address so he can use his own profile?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Could you please have a look at this link to switch your sons gamertag to the correct email address support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Reading the link now. This address is the correct address. But for some reason someone else has used his address to create this PryingPluto account instead..

Thanks for the link

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so after reading the link you want me to create a new email account with hotmail/gmail ect. Transfer this PryingPluto account onto the new email address which frees up his correct email address. Create a new account linked to the correct email address. Delete the account off the new email address then delete the new email account with hotmail/gmail ect.

?

Wouldn't this stuff up someone else if they create an email account with the same name on hotmail/gmail ect because it previosly had an account associated with it?

Sorry this didn't help.

it could be a broken Microsoft account, I would contact phone support to make sure it's not.

Sorry this didn't help.