Hi Folks, I seem to have gotten into a bit of a fix getting my kid signed up to live. Hes the scoop, none of us had windows live IDs:
- New Xbox 360 - create our profiles, all good so far
- I signed up to xbox live myself, got the free gold membership
- Tried to sign up one of the kids, selecting myself as the parent, got a "locale" mismatch, but both our regions are UK - odd
- Saw a few posts here and there folks with the same issue, but nothing conclusive.
- Went online to billing.microsoft.com and checked my locale, was UK. The kids i was trying to sign up had no live id and offline profiles location was UK
- Added a live id in my kids email address online and signed up as the parent with my live ID, noticed i had to add a credit card. Now im a parent of my kids' live account, great!
However now i wanted to associate the xbox profile with the live id, not possible, trying to join xbox live doesnt like that the live id is already in use. So we recoved the gamer tag and its a new profile on the machine. The thing is hes racked up a few acheivements offline and now has to start from scratch, not a great loss, but it does seem a rather convoluted way of going about things
So, did I miss something here? How do you add a kid that doesnt have a live id, is this locale thing a known issue?
Also when you get into the locale error theres no backout, you have to reload / reboot the console :-(
Any advice would help, if I had known this to start with we wouldnt have bothered with the offline profiles.