New Xbox Experience is TERRIBLE

Before you try and direct me to the preview program support forum, I get the "Group Not Found" message. Typical that Microsoft doesn't properly handle these things. So, I'll just post my gripes here.

Just got it on my console tonight, and just like when the Xbox One was first release, it is, without a doubt, the biggest piece of crap in the history of software. The only improvements are that they were finally smart enough to make friends and party part of the dash, rather than separate apps that take FOREVER to load. The settings menu has been redesigned, and it seems to be a bit more intuitive. However, that's it for the plus side. 
TV is now integrated into "One Guide", which has ALWAYS been terrible. Kinect is stupid, mine has always been unplugged, and I don't care about the guide within Xbox, therefore I just want it disabled. No, you can't disable it. Below the most recent app are like 5 bars that you can get to. Sometimes you have to go down 5 times just to find where TV is. This is an example of "who moved my cheese". Now literally every person in the house has to relearn how to get back to TV, since they moved it. If TV isn't one of the 5 most recent apps, you have to go down 6 times and then find it in the list. Find the TV tile, hit the menu button and tell it to "move to front", and it then slides right to the community screen, rather than just moving the TV icon to front. And why is it called TV, if it's part of One Guide? That's the epitome of inconsistency right there. Typical Microsoft. But go into the snap area and try to snap TV, and it's not there. Where the hell is it? Oh, right. it's called One Guide now. Jesus, Microsoft can't get things consistent.
They absolutely ruined the cool multitasking movement they added less than a year ago. Now, when you tap the xbox button, you can no longer quickly snap something by pressing up on the d-pad, then choosing an app. You must double-tap the xbox button, press down on the d-pad FIVE TIMES to get to the snap choices, press left or A, then you can go up and down to choose an app. You literally have to make 5 more button presses to do the same thing as before. Before you could easily swap left and right as well as unsnap, by double-tapping home, then pressing left, right, or down on the d-pad, respectively. Nope, that's gone from this new xbox experience. Unsnapping is as easy as double-tap xbox, then A. Going to the left app is double-tap xbox, then left, then A. Going to the right app is double-tap xbox, then left, then down, then A. Every action, except for unsnap, requires more effort than before. When Microsoft first introduced that multitasking quickness, I was shocked. It was so well done. Well, now it's gone. Also absent are the abilities to "record that" or "take a screenshot" since that multitasking screen is gone. Again, I don't have kinect, and I don't like having to yell and wake up everyone in the house because Kinect is 20 feet away, worthless, and can't hear me when I ask it to do something.
The bug that causes the OSD to come up while watching video when you accidentally tap a trigger, which causes FF or Rew IR commands to be sent via Kinect, is still present. If Kinect is diskinected, that OSD should NEVER appear. This drives me crazy because I use my xbox remote with headphones EVERY DAY. The slightest movement of the controller on a soft couch causes this to come up all the time. This is just another reason why kinect sucks. Kinect is actually disabled when plugged in, yet it still sends IR commands. If you go into device settings and remove the setting for the satellite box for kinect IR control, the OSD stops popping up, but now TV doesn't show up under One Guide. You just have to go to One Guide, and you have to know that going to One Guide will get you back to TV.
While I udnerstand it's preview, the transition left to right in the dash is inconsistent. Often there's a 500ms delay between the sound and the animation, but only on a couple of screen transitions. They are jerky and it makes no sense at all.

Overall, just another big update from Microsoft that is poorly thought out. There are days when throwing this console out the window would be more enjoyment than using it.

Before you ask "U mad, bro?" Yes. Yes I am. As a software engineer and engineering lead, I find this to be embarrassing. It points to EXTREMELY poor QA, and even worse engineering.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

Hello TheNinthBit.

You're good to access the Xbox One Update Preview forum now. Head on over there and if you're still seeing Group Not Found when you try to access the forum, create a new thread letting us know.

Be sure to keep in mind that the New Xbox One Experience is part of the Update Preview program which gives users access to updates before they are publicly released. Because the NXOE is still in development you may still run into issues, which you can report through the Xbox One preview app or through the Xbox One Update Preview forums which will help the with the development before official release.

For a full run down of how the Preview Program works head over to this FAQ.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey dude,

The preview program is a testing platform for us to test the new updates before they are released to the general public. We're basically beta testing it before for its released, so its almost certain that some of the updates will have bugs, but that is exactly why we're testing it. It sucks, I'm not saying it doesn't, but its part and parcel of being in the preview program.

I'm sure a support agent will be along soon, who will be able to assist you with access to the forums, from which you can then post up these issues. Also make sure to report the problems using your console preview program application, and provide the relevant details and images to help get the issues fixed :)

As I said man, it sucks, but the preview program isn't about getting everything early, but testing it to ensure that its all working as it should be before its released fully :)

Good luck, and I hope you get it sorted :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.