New Xbox cost?

Out of interest, say the next generation of xbox used the most advanced gaming hardware available, how much would it cost?

I don't know much about PC gaming, but NVIDIA GeForce or ATI graphics cards seem to be a good choice from what I've heard. The 360 uses a processor designed specifically for the console, although this has become slightly outdated. It seems most high end computers use Intel Core i7 processors of some kind. The specifications certainly seem better. Memory? 6GB should do. As for the harddrive, most gaming PCs come with 1TB, but I don't think we'd need that much. 500GB is fine. I'm sure there are other things you need, but you get the gist.

Because you don't need to worry about any pre-installed software, the cost should be slightly lower. The graphics card should be about £50 or so, right? 500GB maybe another £40. The processor is quite expensive I think. Like £100? 6GB of RAM, £40. That comes to £230 so far, plus all of the things I've missed.

This probably isn't a realistic price at all because I have no idea what I'm talking about

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cheaper than the 360 was at launch

Will I need a job to buy one or will I have enough £ to buy one using my dole money?

How much do you get on the dole these days?

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

Cheaper than the 360 was at launch

[/quote]

Even with the high costs of up-to-date processors and graphics cards etc?

Well rumours are going around saying it will be

Maybe it won't use the best available hardware then. Or maybe they just make a loss on the xboxs and make it up from people buying their crappy plastic headsets

I suppose a massive company like M$ could potentially sell the console at a loss to get units into peoples homes. Who knows? I just hope they aren't rushed out and we have the equivalent of a RROD debacle.

How old is the 360 now? 4 or 5 years old? I think it phenomenal how developers are getting so much out of ageing hardware. The rate at which PC technology advances its amazing how the 360 does its best not be totally outshone. I think we're due a new console now though and I'd be happy to see it before next Christmas too.

The 360 is 9 years old

The 360 will be 6 years old this month from US street date release

the 360 Premium cost £289.99 on release 20GB HDD December 5th 2005 UK

The 360 Core cost £209.99 no HDD or memory unit on release December 5th 2005 UK

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]

Out of interest, say the next generation of xbox used the most advanced gaming hardware available, how much would it cost?

[/quote]

Easily over £1000. The graphics card alone would be over £500 if you want the best of the best (GTX 590 or Radeon 6990)