New Xbox 720 report

Well just watched a report on the next gen machine.... What's everyone's opinion on this? So far I don't like the idea that they are not making it backward compatible and hate the fact that I will have to leave it constantly connected to the internet.

They say they are thinking about bring out two machine one which is more expensive at $500 dollars and one less in price but you have to pay a subscription ..... Does that mean with the most expensive machine Live will be free do you think?

Hopefully the report from an xbox developer is a fake and a marketing ploy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="TopDogin"]Hopefully the report from an xbox developer is a fake and a marketing ploy.[/quote]

You know its fake as it hasn`t come from microsoft.

Its not a marketing ploy either as microsoft have nothing to do with it.

"Always On" is deceptive. I imagine it will be like being on Standby. I will reserve judgement till its been officially announced.

I've been hearing a lot about how underpowered it is for games, and more geared towards multi-media and social media. I hope that's not true. Far to many rumours going around at the moment, and its got to be having a negative impact on Microsoft, current loyal fans and future purchasers who are keeping an eye on all upcoming consoles. 

Wii had an always on connection ( Wii 24 ) Of course you could turn It off.

[quote user="Whagi"]

I've been hearing a lot about how underpowered it is for games, and more geared towards multi-media and social media. I hope that's not true. Far to many rumours going around at the moment, and its got to be having a negative impact on Microsoft, current loyal fans and future purchasers who are keeping an eye on all upcoming consoles. 

[/quote]

I've not read anyone actually say it's "underpowered" but seen in about 3 interviews so far from various developers, the latest one was from the folks making Watchdogs who basically said they will be able to push the PS4 further and do that bit more in the PS4 version of the game. No doubt the fanboys will argue about it when both machines are out, personally I don't care which is the most powerfull, all I care about is what games I will be able to play on them.

I don't like the idea of the next Xbox being geared towards being a multi-meda social hub, again though like with the current consoles I can ignore/leave all this, as long as it still has the games :)

Hopefully in the next few months we shall know alot more. 

Have literally lost all interest in rumours, speculation and Reports from "anonymous sources"

-

Waiting for the announcement and reveal now, ball is in MS court now

No one knows what it is called yet.

XBOX 360 ALL THE WAY FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS AND GTA ON THE WAY IN SEPT.   SORRY FOR SHOUTING.

NEW XBOX CAN WAIT FOR ME AS NEW GAMES A NORMALLY BELOW STANDARD OF WHAT IT CAN DO..

AND BREATH.

I will wait until they release facts before i state my opinion, but its not looking good.

I'm buying a new Xbox and not a ps4 as I don't like the playstation control pad .....all these rumours will not affect my decision.