New Xbox 360's

So, I just recieved one of the new Xbox models (the one without a "external harddrive"), and now I'm running into a bit of trouble.

•  Transferring data from old xbox, to new xbox by means of flashdrive seems to take a *very* long time,
  • Some files (including game-saves), seem to not want to transfer, the only alternative I've found is to put it on my flashdrive, start that game, load that saved file from the usb, remove usb, and save (forcing it to save onto my xbox), which causes the other problem of lack of memory available. (Why the hell did microsoft waste time with a 4g INTERNAL harddrive?...Duh.
  • I've got atleast one full game I downloaded directly to my old xbox, which I know is about 3g too large to fit onto my new xbox. (Probably can be stored on flashdrive/external)
  • And finally, my main question. I've recently been playing Dirt3, which has the option of uploading replays to Youtube. Issue with this is, it says you need a harddrive to use that option, and refuses to recognize my flashdrive, or my consoles internal as a source. Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? Do Externals work? And if so I hear xbox only will recognize up to 16g for an external, should I just go buy two xbox flashdrives? (Which at 30 bucks a peice is just ludacris by the way)

I think thats about all I've got. Really wish they would've just made an attatchment on the side of the new ones for the old harddrives instead of making our out-of-date, past warranty xbox 360's obsolete by giving us very limited internal storage.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The fastest and easiest way to transfer files is by using the data transfer cable.

The 4gb console is the "new" arcade model, which the old model only had 512 mb. It's mainly for casual gamers.

You should be able to store your downloaded game on a flash drive or external drive.

I'm not sure if this is the case for Dirt 3, but for games requiring a hard drive, only a MS brand Xbox hard drive will work. So you'd have to get the 250 gb hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.