New Xbox 360 Slim Freezing

First off this console is only a few weeks old. I admittedly am unsure if this is something I should or shouldn't be concerned about at this point. The menus and everything are fine, but several times I've had issues with it freezing during a game, two different games both installed on the HD. When it freezes the entire system is locked up, the guide button does nothing at all and my only option is to turn off the console manually. The console is not hot when this happens, nor is the power block, just warm as you'd expect with the console being on.  It is in a well ventilated area, and as stated the games are installed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, now there are other things to report.

Signing in when I first start up is now slower. First it signs into xbox live, then it shows it's signing into the HDD, then the signed into live thing pops up again.

I noted in Batman Arkham City during the cut scenes the audio sometimes is oddly crackly and almost sounds like it skips at times even though this game was downloaded and installed.

Also, after playing for about an hour I returned to the XBox menu and several panels were just blank and gray.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried the solutions on this page?: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

Also have you tried any games not installed on the hard drive to see if they freeze?

Sorry this didn't help.

With the system cache... I was curious. How likely is that to even be the issue with a system that's less than a month old and has only had to update twice?

Sorry this didn't help.

It can be huge, maybe it got a corrupt file with a system update or a game update. Clear it out about 4 times, sometimes 1 does not do anything then power cycle the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

hey i am also experiencing the same issues as you, but they only came up after the last system update. I also tried clearing the cache but it didn't work

Sorry this didn't help.