New XBOX 360 owner needs help...

Hello,

If I post this in the wrong section then I truly apologize!

A friend of ours was nice enough to give our family his barely used XBox 360 Slim (350GB).  The problem is that we only have 1 tv in our home and that is an SDTV model.

How can I make this the best possible playing experience for our family?  Im hearing about these HDMI converters (red/yellow/white output) but not sure if it is the way to go.  

Many thanks for your help!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Although you can get an HDMI converter you don't have to.  The standard connection will provide you with enough quality to enjoy the system.

you can go to a store like gamestop and get an a/v cable for the 360 or if your tv might have a component connection (red,blue,green) you can ask for a component cable for the 360. Games will look fine. Just make sure the settings on the xbox match the type of cable/signal you are using..

You just need this. If anything it will be better than a converter since the signal is not being changed.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

[quote user="onyx62is"]

Although you can get an HDMI converter you don't have to.  The standard connection will provide you with enough quality to enjoy the system.

[/quote]

Nah, SD is way too blurry for me now after upgrading to HD, but if you've never experienced the 360 in HD then SD is fine

That's what I was getting at.  He doesn't need to spend the money to get the converter if he doesn't need it.  

Hello everyone,

thank you for your time to answer my question.  From what I can tell, I obviously dont need one.  But if I do want to upgrade the gameplay (graphics/audio) then a converter is needed.   Got all that written down..   This is our family's first "big time" gaming system (Wii for years) and just wanted to make the best with what we have.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  And if you decide to get the kinect you'll never be able to look at the Wii the same way again.  I'm speaking from experience on that one.

wii is ten times more fun than xbox

Maybe if you're ten.

Xbox has better graphics and games. A lot of Wii's games are just not that good.