New user conditions, need help...

Hello.

I have a problem with my Xbox live account, because when I try to go to my settings page, it wants me to accept the new user conditions.

Most of the time this should be no problem, but then it proceeds and takes me to a new page and wants a parent to log in.

I'm 21 now and neither me or my parents know what email this is.

Is there any way around this issue? I'm not a child any more...

Here's two images if what appears when I try to go to my settings page (excuse me, they're in Swedish, nothing i can do about that!!):

http://imageshack.us/f/96/anvndningsvillkor.jpg/ <-- This is the first page that appears, updated user conditions.

When I agree and proceed it takes me here:

http://imageshack.us/f/560/frldersgodknnande.jpg/ <-- It says "Needs parental approval. Your parent has to log in with his email ... ... "

Please help!! I've already tried to link a freshly created email to my account, but it didn't work!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If this is true, your birthday may be wrong on your account, you will need to wait till the account turns 18 to change over from a child account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So there's no way a Microsoft employee can solve this problem for me by simply removing the parental email from my account?

Because I can't even access that page because of all of this.

Sorry this didn't help.

NO there is no way a Microsoft employee can get rid of this, it's something that has to be done by you but I have the solution:

It sounds like you never promoted your account to adult, it's not an automatic thing because they dont' want to give you adult permission with your parent's credit card.  The day you turned 18 in the system in account management the option "Promote Account" became available. When you select that it asks you to enter in a new CC and you officially become an adult. Since you haven't done that you need to do the following:

1st:Find the parental email.  You can't find it on xbox.com, but when sign onto your account on the console and accept the new TOU after that it asks for the password. At the top of that is the parental email that's associated. PAY ATTENTION CAREFULLY TO THE SPELLING. If you missed anything, i.e gmail.com-gail.com comcast.net-comcast.com or any other mis-spellings that is the Microsoft Account. Write it down.

2nd: You need to reset the parental Microsoft Account. Go to account.live.com, select "can't access my account" and enter in the email exactly as it is written where it says "Microsoft Account" and the captcha. The next page will list your options for resetting your password.

Be creative. If you no longer have access to the email, try remaking it, or resetting it on their webpage. If you can't use the email, or the security question the last option is "I can't use any of these options" and that's a questionnaire you fill out pertaining to that account. So if the parent account was created 5 years ago and you lived somewhere else, never updated anything, you need to fill it out with that info.

***You cannot change the email associated until you've successfully entered in the old email & password. If you could than a hacker would have a much easier time taking over your account**

Finally if by some chance in hell you created a parental gamertag with that email, AND it's still on the console you may have a chance with Xbox support resetting the password. This process takes up to 12 days, and you need to provide ALL account information, which includes the security question or a CC on file. So that's a very long shot but I thought I should add it in case you or someone else with the problem has that option.

Good Luck.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.