New updates, old xbox, visual/audio problems

Today I pulled out my xbox for the first time in a while to play the new Mortal Kombat, and it of courses needs updating. It was not currently hooked up to the internet, but I still selected "update". I instantly lost visual, but I did not lose audio. This was using analog plugs rather than hdmi. I restarted the xbox, and continue to have audio but still no video.

I had a 1.3b hdmi cable laying around, so I decided maybe it was time to switch to hdmi. I tried this with no avail, completely lacking audio or visual, and my television was no longer picking up a signal.

After that I switched to my PC monitor using hdmi, but it still does not pick up a signal from my xbox.

I have had trouble with screen discoloration and ghosting before, but normally it would go away when I turned off my xbox for a while and came back later.

Please help =(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sounds like your gpu or ram chips are quiting. You wil have to get your xbox repaired or get a new one

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My friend told me to remove the hard drive and start it up, and that got me a little further. But now when I start everything is gray and shaking. I tried resetting the video settings and nothing happened, it just restarted my xbox.

I am using component cables.

Sorry this didn't help.

To be clear, have you tried component cables too, or just HDMI? If not, do you have some laying around that you could try?

Also be sure to try resetting video settings while its connected to a display, to see if that does the trick.

Sorry this didn't help.