New update!!!

was going to play my xbox 360 , hence the console asked me an update .... updated ... then when I was playing I realized that my files were gone (less games downloaded ) ... wanted to know is the update delete the profiles and the saves ... hopefully answer

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

it shouldnt have. though with this new update games installed or downloaded only use the install space with no extra space required.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Could it be that you're using an unofficial hard drive or have otherwise modded anything? That can lead to data loss.

Is it on an external device? If it is then try fully powering down your Xbox, unplugging it, and moving the device to a different USB port (preferably front to back or back to front). If it still doesn't work then try the rest of the ports.

If it's on your internal drive then backup all your info to an external drive (you can use up to 2TB now) and reformat. It may be that some data was corrupted (there could be many reasons for this) or it could also be that your drive is failing. You may want to consider keeping a backup for a little while just in case.

If you have a Gold account you can keep your game saves backed up to the cloud or move them to the cloud. Simply copy them to the cloud device to back them up (it will automatically keep them synced and allow you to use them offline) or move them to the cloud device to keep them there. Having a copy of your saves in the cloud protects you from data loss and also allows you to use them wherever you're logged in. It does require 512MB of local storage per user to be set aside to cache the cloud drive though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.