New Update

Forum,

Have a new Xbox 360 slim and have had no problems. Suddenly with the new 2.19.13 update we cannot connect to Xbox LIVE to complete the update. We boot it up, it tells us there is an update available, we acknowledge, and about 5 seconds after starting the download it provides error code

3F4A-0000-0080-0300-8007-0070

Since then, I have worked through every step the update suggests, none of which have worked. Some interesting notes:

1)  Placed a formated USB drive (FAT32) to which my XBOX said it "couldn't process the update" (3F4A-3F4B-1600-267F-C000-0185)

2) Connected directly to my modem and it is unable to upate.

3) Signing into Xbox LIVE and all previous updates up until this update have worked fine

4) I have cleared all system caches and the cache on the USB (which I use permanently on the Xbox)

5) I deleted all unnecessary files from the Xbox memory to make more than ample space for the update.  The system says I have 4.4 GB free space, but the visual bar is the color red.

6)  Turned off the Xbox and when I turn it back on all of the files that were previously deleted are back on the Xbox memory as if they were never deleted.

It would appear their is something wrong with the memory.  Can you please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You tried the most comuns solutions of that kind of problem, you have (in my mind) only one last thing to try before contact support for use repair or waranty (i don´t know what case applys to you).

You have erase ALL updates of your Xbox to do that you have to enter a buttom sequence to start up the process (but that´s a complicate part, because every diferent model of 360;  have their own diferent sequence, and MS manufactured 16 to 12 types of 360 to the launch for today!!!, for discover that you have to enter in contact whif support and inform the problem, all solutions you have tried, and asks for sequence code to reniciate your memory to "primitive" state of fabric, and onform too your model number series; for them identify the correct sequence).

If that fails you have to open a call whif MS supprot for repair your 360.

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english, it´s self learnerd.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Mythical!

Start by removing your hard drive safely. Turn off your console. Remove your hard drive safely and re-attach it.

Delete the current system update installed on your console as follows.

Press and hold the sync button (the small one you use to connect your wireless controllers). While holding press the power button to turn your console on. Continue to hold the sync button until the console is booted up.

Go to System Settings and choose storage.

On your controller, press the following button sequence:

Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button.
    Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button. 

Try update and let us know if you were helped by this. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestions.  However, after trying delete some files I realized that it may be a hardware problem.  I deleted almost 4 GB of data and after rebooting the files were all still in the memory.  After chatting with a Microsoft agent, they revealed to me that the code: 3F4A-3F4B-1600-267F-C000-0185 reveals that it is a hardware problem.  I have to send off my xbox for repair.

Sorry this didn't help.