New update won't complete.

Hey, so I just went to play MW2 and there was an update (No big deal) until I realized it was a system update, so it starts and I sit there for like 3/4's of an hour and it tells me that it couldn't source the update, told me to come on here if the problem persisted, now I've tried about three or four times to with no luck. It gave me the code: 3151-335A-1380-2203-C000-0001, someone said this was a tampering code but I've never touched my machine though I did have to send it off for repairs it was still in warranty so surely this shouldn't effect it? If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

I spent an hour on the phone to microsoft just there mate. The first women I spoke to told me that there's nothing they can do because the code as you said points towards violating the terms of use (ie. changing the harddrive/modding etc), but just like you, I haven't touched my xbox!

I didn't just say thanks and hang up though. I said this is so unfair because even though i understand that's what it points to, it's not the truth and I shouldn't have to dish out money for a new xbox when it's not my fault even though your code is saying it is. She didn't really say anything to that. So I said well at least give me some free live or something. So she put me through to renewals and I spoke to this guy Gary. He was FANTASTIC. I thought he was just going to give me some discounts on live. But he called up the technical support team directly and gave them the code and the tech guys hadn't even seen anything like it! So the tech team are on to it and then Gary is going to send me an email of what the deal is. He also suggested to me to write on this forum because it's the same tech guys who write on here so they might be able to help us. So I am in the exact same position as you.

Watch your thread for replies and also watch my thread for replies too. You'll find it at this link:

forums.xbox.com/.../7617.aspx

I literally posted the thread 10 or so minutes before you and wrote exactly what Gary at Microsoft asked me to write.

Good luck too and I hope we can be on live again soon!

Regards,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is peculiar what kind of box are you rocking? I have an arcade i just thought it might be something to do with the software going beyond my machines capability's. I hope these guys can get up a solution and say I don't have to doll out for a new box otherwise I'm going to be very very angry.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the old premium xbox I can't remember what it's called...but kind of the first generation one before the elite - the ones that got the red rings...

The update apparently was for the new disks (ie to stop modders from using pirated disks)....so that's how it probably found this issue. It's SO unfair. I was almost accused of having modded my xbox because that's JUST what the code said so it MUST be true. Anyway. The second person as I said was incredibly kind and helpful so it's just about waiting for the tech guys! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I am have ing the EXACT same problem. I have cleared my cache and tried re installing multiple times- i was just on XBL on sunday playing Halo and it was working perfect!!! and i have never modded my 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

same prolem here i havent touch my xbox nor do i know how to but i found out that my brother had it repaired by some one else other than Microsoft it is there where the problem lies.so basically if you had your console repaired somewhere other than microsoft then your screwed like me. Dont worry about your profile if you havent tampered with live or cheated anything of that sort you wont be banned youll be fine

Sorry this didn't help.

what the c000-0001 realy means is that your DvD drive is not responding...........i posted this in another tread so here might help..................................

AbloodyRosemary your xbox was "Flashed" just not flashed Modded (meaning made to use back up game disc). After much research and learning more then i'd cared to know about xbox when you switch out a dvd drive (this is from a 3rd party stand point mind you) you have to put what many refer to as a "Spoof" on it. This "Spoof" is a flash to your firmwear to trick your xbox into thinking its still useing the original dvd drive. The new dash board update reflashs your drive so if it hits one of these "Spoofs" it wont finish applying the update and throw a code saying  your xbox has been Modded/altered/Tampered with in some way........................NO xbox for you

....Edit if you still have the original DvD drive you should be able to put that back in then update not a 100% sure but it should work...(grain of salt)

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat. doesn't matter explaining as i explained in like 5 other topics relating this issue. [mod removed]. i can't wait for the offliner gamers who have no idea whats going on come time for new games with the new format and wonder why they can't play a retail game. idiots

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys I'm having the same problem!! Cannot play any new games because it won’t update, sent 12 emails spoke to numerous people and it all comes back and they say that the error code is because I have tampered/moded my Xbox!! WTF! I have never moded my box! So I’m stuck again with an Xbox that won’t work!! I'm hoping the new update that came out today will sort this!

Sorry this didn't help.

hey dj - can you create a new thread for your issue, as this issue is quite old? Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.