New update messed me up?

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Canada,Ontario
Modem brand & model number: Motorolla
Router brand & model number: Dlink
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired im using an Xbox slim with wireless connection built in
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?  not sure
Things you have tried: restarting modem/router
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown yes
Is NAT Type Open? yup
Any Error Codes you encounter: forgot it was like 0000-0000 4001-000 0000 0000 or sum ill chk in a sec and update
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Rogers
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? it cant connect to my internet and it says to try and restart my router and wait 30 seconds

Note this error occured after the new xbox update it has been working up until now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

So this is occurring with the wireless adapter inside the Xbox 360 S, correct? Can you please try a wired connection, to see if the same thing occurrs? Please let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an Xbox slim as well as a D-Link wireless router and what solved my problem was changing the wireless connection setting from WPA (TKIP) to WPA2 (AES).  I also suffered from the same connection problem after the update.  Hope this works out for you. 

There is also a setting which allows for your router to pick up both WPA and WPA2.  This seems ideal as other devices I have connect wirelessly to my router using WPA.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes i can connect with a wired connection and the options i have on my router webpage are WEP only WPA only or Auto(WEP or WPA) there used to be one that said WPA WPA2 only but its not there. And i cant change it atm cause my uncle used to live with me and he put a password on the admin account is there any other way to get the password other then him telling me it?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know of another way to get the password unless you call dlink support and they may be able to work something out with you.  I don't know of any other way to change the setting without signing on as the admin.  

I'm not 100% sure that WEP will do the trick but it may be worth a shot.  worst case scenario is that it doesn't help and then you can always just switch it back.  

Sorry this didn't help.