New update breaks... everything

Ok, so basically I've just installed the new update. Wouldn't let me get on Xbox live but kept trying and eventually it seemed like it had let me accept the new terms and conditions and let me on. However, the Xbox is still running extremely slowly and won't actually load any multiplayer games (eg BF3 it says 'cannot connect to EA.com). Additionally, whenever the console is switched on the internet for any other device running through the network, regardless of whether it's on wired or wireless, or the Xbox is wired or wireless slows to the point of being unusable! I haven't found anyone else with this problem, anyone any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have got same problem with multiplayer games, but only on my one profile multiplayer games doesn't work so thanks for answer ;P

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please elaborate? Is your console lagging to the point where it freezes and must be turned off?

Sorry this didn't help.

No - but it will not connect to online games, and is quite slow on other loading screens. The other issue as i say is that it seems to interfere with other devices connected to the internet whilst switched on

Sorry this didn't help.

i kept getting disconnected from xbox live everytime i try to play a game and now when i finally got it to work it takes like 30 minutes to find a match then when i get in a game its so laggy i just go in to black screen and even the dashboard takes forever to load things and my internet works fine with anything else i use it for its only slow with the xbox for some reason..

Sorry this didn't help.

i have a similar problem. My mp games in l4d2 are VERY glitchy to the point where I cant pickup items or heal. This new dashboard seems like it has created more problems than it fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

judging by the fact my wife has an elite from 2009 (aka jasper chipset) her's has not bricked, however my falcon 2007 pro 360 did as have most xenon's so from what i gather the falcon and xenon chipset have been DBR so they won't even boot without a hard drive but the jasper models work fine. in closing be glad it didn't brick and have to be sent in

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Murray! Could you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues - checked my connection and hardware using my iPhone and my laptop. Speeds fine and ethernet fine (prefer to use my ethernet for better connection). Plug into my Xbox 360 (which is an original model) and it wont connect and it cuts everything else off. Wireless goes down etc. I connected the otherday for the update and that is the only time it has let me on in 3 weeks. Driving me nuts. Saying cant access DNS server. I have manually set up the DNS and also reset to factory settings, neither of which worked. Help! Is my Xbox just too old and decrepit to cope with latest updates and thus wont connect?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Ice. I'm a little confused, you say your console is connected via ethernet, but then the wireless goes down. If you are having issues with DNS errors, please refer to our DNS Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../6.aspx). Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - to clarify. When I try to connect via my ethernet it knocks the router offline so that my iPhone wtc can no longer access the internet. Its not the router as I have tried my laptop on the ethernet cable and that hasnt affected my wireless gadgets. I will follow the suggestions when I get home.

cheers

James

Sorry this didn't help.