New TV Setup

All,

Been using XBO since launch.  My setup is as follows:

Cable Box to XBO->XBO to A/V->A/V to TV

XBO turns on the TV/A/V and self when I say Xbox on.

Today I got my new 4K TV.  XBO doesn't currently support Netflix 4K.  The TV naturally supports it via the App on the TV.

The HDMI1 port is labelled ARC.  The A/V is plugged into the output labelled ARC.  I verified both the TV and the A/V setup say ARC enabled.

When I try to play Netflix, the XBO audio plays.

My new TV has a Digital Audio output jack which I could plug into the A/V but I'm trying to determine the best way to setup the XBO into the system to allow for it's current functionality while allowing us to use the 4K apps provided in the Smart TV.

I've tried Google and it seems like everyone's setup is a bit different.

XBO

TV LC-60UE30U

A/V STR-KS370

Thank you in advance for the help because I've been staring at this all morning trying to figure out which order I want/need this setup with.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Pian,

You're correct in that there are multiple ways to setup an XO, TV, and AV. So it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I have all Samsung, so I go Cable to XO, HDMI to the TV, then HDMI ARC to my receiver. My situation fits me best because there is a Samsung AnyNet relationship between the TV and Receiver. The ARC does a pass through for 5.1 from the Xbox, and allows me to use TV apps in whatever sound is best for that app.  If you don't have that option, you may want to do digital out from your TV to your receiver.  The best advice is play with the combos and see which one fits best.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.