new to xbox

hello ..im a ps3 guy so bare with me here .... i just got a 4gb kinect xbox,and it came with 1 month free live gold,i entered in the code under my girls name .which she'll b using it the most  as the main account. i made my profile after ,do i need to buy an xbox live card for me to play onlne when shes not using it? or is the live on the console like the ps3..(doesnt matter how many users profiles are on the ps3 they all have access to the online part). and also i want to upgrade the hdd to a bigger one is that just plug and play no transfering of data? i kno i should of gotten the bigger one but it was a gift so we didnt have a say in the matter.... thanks for taking the time to help a noob out

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi murdergoround,

If you want the advantages of Xbox LIVE Gold each account would need it owns subscription.  You can read more about the features here http://www.xbox.com/live/join

In regards to the hard drive, it plugs in on the right hand side of the console, here are the steps for installation http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/add-remove-hard-drive  You can easily move your data from the 4gb storage to the hard drive (this may not be necessary, just your choice)  by using the steps HERE 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You'll need to buy another gold subscription card to be able to play online with your lady. You can get new hdd's at stores like Best Buy, Target, etc... and can transfer up to 30 gb at a time using a flash drive (just remember to transfer your licenses afterwards so things work) You can find ut how to do that here, support.xbox.com/.../download-content (it'll be the second bold title) Hope I answered your questions =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.