I just bought this 360 a few days ago and still trying to get used to it. I've had Sony systems since '95 but my kids finally broke me down enough that I bought them a 360. So far I'm satisfied with it, I'm still having a little trouble accepting that I paid as much for it as I did my PS3s...I just don't understand how MS justifies that, but whatever.
Anyway, I'm totally lost with the whole Xbox Live and Xbox Live Gold thing. With Sony we got PSN that let us download anything we wanted and play anything we wanted online for free but then we can upgrade to PSN+ and get extra stuff if we want. Xbox Live doesn't appear to work the same way. So here are a few questions, if someone would help answer it would be great.
1) What does Xbox Live allow us to do exactly?
2) Can I watch Netflix movies with just a Live account or do I have to pay for the Gold for this service?
3) Can we chat with others with the Live account or is Gold required for this?
4) Are any games playable online with the basic Live account or is Gold necessary to play anything online?
5) I bought the 4GB system and planned to upgrade the HDD later. Right now I'm using USB drives for storage but would like to put in a 250GB HDD I have...can I just use my HDD or do I have to buy the overpriced Xbox one?
Thanks for any answers!
I'm trying to get used to this UI and everything else but the Live account is really confusing to me. I would like to think that there's something in here to justify the price tag but so far this thing seems to be a money pit...Buy once and then pay forever to actually use it. I don't mean to sound bitter but...well...at this point I suppose I am a little.