New terms of use (HELP)

Hey, I haven't used my Xbox Live for quite a long time and now i got sth like New terms of use on my screen. During the time i didn't use my console i reach 18 but as you know before that i had to use my e-mail and my father's e-mail for my account to exist right? I can't accept the new terms of use now because i don't have the password to my father's e-mail and i can't get it now so i can't accept the new terms of use so i can't use my Xbox account. I'd like to know how this problem can be solved. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there dejmian!

--

So you're saying your father's e-mail account does not exist anymore when you try to log into it on xbox.com? What does it say when you try to log in to the e-mail? "This Windows live ID does not exist" ? Or is it that the password is invalid? If it says the password is invalid, please visit this link: account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx and have your father try to remember the security information he provided when making the account.

--

If for some reason the error is "This Windows live ID does not exist", try to RE-MAKE the e-mail address exactly how your father made it years ago. Hope that helped! Please update us on how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I mean that e-mail does exist but i can't get the password because my father died 2 years ago and i used Xbox 3 years ago last time. So apparently there is no way for me to get the password or change it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm so sorry for the situation you've been going through, I really am. But unfortunately without knowing the e-mail's security information to get the password reset, there's nothing we here can do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, i thought that i could accept the terms myself since i am already 18 years old. Does that mean i have to create a new account? There is absolutely no way to unlock my current account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not without the e-mail and password of the account you have right now, no unfortunately not! :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so i have to keep trying to restore the password. 2 more questions: 1. what do I lose when i stop using this account and start using a new one (i mean gamescore, dlc's etc.) 2. what if i want to use my e-mail for the new account when it's connected with this account

Sorry this didn't help.

Answering your questions: 1. You will lose your gamerscore, but when it comes to DLC, depending on the games and DLC, as long as they are ON your hard drive, you can still use it with a different gamertag.

--

2. You can't CONNECT the two accounts. You can keep the account you can't use on your xbox for DLC reasons and purchase reasons, but when it comes to making a new account you should make a new e-mail address not associated with the one you're using.

--

If I'm unclear with any of the explanations please let me know!

Sorry this didn't help.

And what with the avatar rewards from the games i completed? Like omni blade from Mass Effect 3 for my avatar? Will it be usable on every account on the console or i have to complete the games once more. And by the way what will happen with all my saved games. From what i know i can't load my ME3 character on other account than that one, am I right?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, you need to re-play the games to unlock the avatar awards again unfortunately. And you are correct, with saved games they do not transfer from one profile to another.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Dej! Most avatar gear, especially those earned in games, is not usable by other accounts. These are only usable by the account that purchased or earned them. I hope that helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.