New Router, UPNP enabled, NAT issues

I hope someone can give me some answers to the issue I've been struggling with. I got a new router last week and ever since I've been having NAT issues. UPNP has been enabled but its still not open. The reason I want to use UPNP is because I have buddies that come over and play and it would be nice for them to have a open NAT when we play. Anyone have any ideas? I'm very frustrated with this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Okay first of all if you are using wireless, this could be one problem, when I used to have poor signal strength between my xbox and router I'd have a strict NAT type, try make the signal strenght stronger, maybe move your xbox to another location within the room you're in or

if you're not using wireless, go to settings > network settings > [your network] > then test the connection a few times, make sure all ip and dns settings are on automatic, may give an open NAT type

Third idea, try restarting your router, power it down from the wall socket for about 5 minutes then power it back up again, then test your connection

Hopefully fixes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Go on your PC, find RUN , its a microsoft installed application , once in there, type "ipconfig" and your ip, dns and gateway should pop up. Go to your network, choose Manual instead of auto, and fill in the blanks, don't worry, if you mess up , change it to auto and try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was on wireless for little awhile then I decided to change to wired. I will try that again and see what I can get this time. I was wondering if there is something in the router that is causing this that I dont know about. The other router worked fine until I got another one

Sorry this didn't help.