New router, help getting Open Nat on multiple consoles

Current router is the DLink DIR655. It has been a great router. Been having a bit of dropped packets and disconnects from the internet. Since this router is several years old, I figured I would update and get a newer router. Currently, on my house system of net, I have multiple consoles on, sometimes at the same time. For wired stuff, I have a PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, Direct TV and magicJack. Wireless, I have another PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and 2 cell phones. For the DLink, I went into the QoS Engine settings and open ports 0 to 65535 for the consoles that are on the ip addresses between .100 and .110. This gave me open NAT all day, everyday.

New router is the Asus AC3100, RT-AC88U. This thing is crazy, in size and price. I tried installing the new system, hoping I wouldn't have to go into the device settings to do all the work I had to do in the DLink. But after doing the install, I was only able to get the consoles to be moderate NAT. I made some changes, like turning on UpnP. Also went to portforward.com to look for some help. Being this router is still pretty new in the market, there isn't a lot of help for it that I have found. I jumped into port forwarding. After making some changes, I managed to get 1 Xbox one to Open Nat and change 1 Xbox one from moderate to strict. The strict console kept telling me unable to locate the DNS. This console is the wireless console upstairs. A friend suggested to port forward one console and DMZ the other.

I am to the point of just returning the new router. After messing with it for about 3 hours, I just got a headache and put the old router back on. Hopefully someone can help me out with this to be able to get online with multiple consoles at the same time with open nat. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 230 Applies to:

Netgear wrn 2000 (50 bucks bestbuy)  worked right out of the box for me with 2 xboxes....I did hardwire them both though...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.