New patch - 2009 console?

Hey, about a year ago I recieved a replacement xbox from microsoft as my previous 2007 model suffered from the red rings. This replacement model is from 2009 and is a premium console. I have heard that most of the consoles affected by the new disk format patch are 60gb 2009 premium model's. Could anyone tell me if mine would be affected or not? Bearing in mind the hard drive is 20gb(from my old 2007 model) and not 60gb.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It shouldn't affect you as I'm pretty sure the problem was caused by a previous update, not the one which was released to all.

it is this update as there flashing the drive firmware, which stops some of the drives from working in the 60gig models.

So would it effect all the disk's I try to play, or only new ones?

[quote user="Ste Guino"]

it is this update as there flashing the drive firmware, which stops some of the drives from working in the 60gig models.

[/quote]

Is it?

See I read this and thought otherwise, as it sounds like it's caused by an update from those that beta tested, not the latest one released to all.

If it was the one that everyone's getting then surely MS would launch the replacement program for this update as well. http://majornelson.com/2011/05/18/clearing-up-some-confusion/

Wait for the update, see if it works - hey presto, you have your answer!