New MW3 Xbox with MTU issues?

I just bought a new MW3 Xbox and it cannot connect to the internet nor Xbox live.  I've tried both wired and wireless connections but both say I have insufficient MTU.  My old Xbox (1st generation arcade) had no problem with my internet and always connected to Live flawlessly.  Unfortunately I can't modify the modems or routers because I'm running off of my college's internet, but I didn't think I would have to since my old xbox still doesn't have a problem. So is there something wrong with my new xbox, does it have higher network requirements, or is this just some weird freaky glitch? Any advice would be appreciated :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

*UPDATE!

Thank you all for your help. Someone else on campus with a 360S said that sharing an internet connection through his computer instead of directly through the school's network solved the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as the networking goes, the original 360 consoles and the new 360S consoles are the same, they don't have any different requirements for xboxlive.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't registered it, but I'm not sure if I have that option.  Unfortunately it seems like the IT department doesn't have it's act together as far as the networks go.  When I went in to ask about the problem the only answer they could give me was "the new xboxes don't play nice with our network." ...WHY??!?!?

So apparently it's not an issue with my xbox.  Thanks for your guys' help. If anyone could explain to me why it's just an issue with the new xboxes and not the old ones, that would be great (or better yet, what our IT department could do to make the new xbox "play nice"). Right now I'm wondering why I threw $400 into an xbox that I can't even use my old account on....

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you registered your new console with the IT department?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, the old xbox works just fine with the same network. We've switched back and forth between xboxes and the old one will connect but the new one has the MTU error between the network and the internet stage.

Sorry this didn't help.

The required MTU for every xbox console the same, have you connected your old console to the network recently to see if the MTU error comes up on that console as well? The aministrator of your internet may have changed the MTU in order to let the students who need the bandwidth for their studies access the internet easier.

Sorry this didn't help.