New Mini Xbox 360 can't connect to tv please help

ok so i bought a Mini Xbox 360 slim and i won't connect to my tv i have a av cable with red white yellow but whenever i turn on my xbox there is no signal i have a hd tv i used a hdmi cable for my older xbox 360 but that won't fit in the new one the ports on the back of my tv are 1 green 1 blue 1 red 1 white 1 red and there is 2 rows in total nd there is no yellow  which ones do i use? please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

Hi Rudy! So as far as which console you have, do you have the newest 360 model called the 360 E that is kind of rounded and black, or is the the first rendition of the 360 slim that has the large vents on the right hand side? Regardless of which version though, both do have HDMI out ports that can be used to connect to your HDTV. The hookups that you are talking about on the back of your TV are called Component, which is a Dark Green, Light Green, Blue all just for video, and then red and white for audio. The Yellow cable is called composite, and that's a very old standard definition technology that your TV likely doesn't have built in anymore.

No matter what, if you have an HDMI cable, it will work with your new console, you may just need to fiddle with the cord a bit as they sometimes fit quite tightly, or it may have been in the wrong orientation. HDMI cables will only go in one way.

www.geek.com/.../xbox360e_teardown_01.jpg

^^^^ Look at this picture here and you should see the port at the bottom left of the cluster of  ports near the center of the console. That is where your HDMI cord will plug in, you'll just have to keep at it and make sure it's the right orientation.

Best of luck, and let us know how you make out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.