New Internet Connection Won't Wirelessly Connect Online With Xbox

Hi,

I recently set up a new wireless Virgin Super Hub box which is 30mb, upgrading from my old 10mb wireless router system.

I've been connecting the Xbox Live for about four years now with no problem whatsoever, apart from the occasional lag.

As I connect wirelessly, this entails me plugging in the small wireless G adaptor USB (little white thing with a grey antenna), however when I plug it in the light stays a solid red colour.

As a result, the Xbox is not picking up any available network and when I try and search via 'Settings' > 'System' > 'Network Settings', my Virgin Super Hub does not appear in any network lists.

The Xbox is in perfect range of the Super Hub as other devices work there (and besides, my old 10mb internet connection worked there fine too, so 30mb should have not problem).

What do I need to do to get the Xbox 360 to connect to the new Super Hub?

Many thanks,

Tom

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 57 Applies to:

Alright, first off are you using the built in WiFi on the Xbox, if so it can only pick up 2.4GHz and if you have a "Wireless Networking Adapter" it can pick up both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It can be that your Virgin Super Hub box is only a 5GHz and thats why Xbox can't find that wireless connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't use a built in WiFi on the Xbox, no. I currently have this one to pick up the wireless signal:

[View:http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/802124b.jpg]

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright so I had to do some research, I found out your new Virgin Media Super Hub works Wireless with 802.11a,b,g,and n capable in 2.4GHz band plus wireless N in 5GHz band and the Xbox 360 Wireless G Networking Adapter you have it should work just not with 802.11n. So I would say try upgrading your Wireless Network Adapter to the newest "Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter" and then try connecting online to Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your replies. That seems like the most logical thing to do, I think. I did try the customer service through the chat feature as well but the agent didn't seem to even understand half of the things. I'll try the N adapter and see if that works.

Sorry this didn't help.