New Headset wont let me talk

I got a brand new turtle beach Disney infinity headset from amazon because my turtle beach XL1 headset broke. we bought a Xbox One headset adapter because i would not be able to use my XL1 headset. after the XL1 broke i got the Disney infinity ones and they worked perfectly for a month. then all of the sudden the mic would not pick up my voice and people could hear static from my mic. then a few days ago i could not hear people talking even though my adapter was plugged in just like before and the controller and console are updated. The problem is, i cant talk to people and i can not hear them talk either, if i wiggle the adapter i can hear people talking and only then. my mic also cuts in and out.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 122 Applies to:

HI BlessedNoob, 

So when I look at the Disney Infinity Headset from Turtle Beach, I don't actually see that it's supported by the Xbox One. Did you re-wire it to work with the Xbox One? That said, if it was working fine, and now you cannot hear people intermittently and people likewise cannot hear you then it definitely sounds like either the headset is bad, or the stereo headset adapter is bad.

To try to see which one is not working correctly, I would first try a different controller. If you're still having issues, then if possible try another headset in the stereo headset adapter. If it works with no issues, then there is something wrong with the headset. If it doesn't work or shows the same issues you're having then it's likely the headset adapter. Xbox accessories have a 90 day warranty period. if you're within that time period you can request a repair of the part. If you're outside of that window then you'll likely need a new adapter. 

Turtle Beach Infintiy Headset

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.