new headset , no sound

Hi

this is my first post ever on any forum but i need help with my problem by seasoned gamers so here it goes.

i have just recently activated my 1st xbox live gold membership and soon found that tring to play online without a mic wasn't going to work.

so i purchased a new headset with mic and after hooking it to my controller turning up the volume and checking that the mute was not on

i put a game in (Flatout UC) and i hear nothing.i thought i had gotten a bad headset until i went to my xbox messages and played a message that i had received before. and it played fine through the headset.i figured that if it had played the message that whatever was stopping the audio had somehow been cured so i went back to the game and i get complete silence.i went to settings and preferances to make sure it was set properly and everything seems to be set with voice selections. help with whatever im overlooking would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Have you tried stomping on it?

No, just kidding. If it's one of those default mics that come with the XBOX, they're pretty cheap. Well, not cheap but they do intend to have some faults with them in some cases. Yours in particular, I had the same problem once before. I was able to hear people through the headphone but could not speak through the mic.

Usually it's just faulty wiring within the mic piece, either you can fix it on your own or just completely get a new one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

all right then , they are stomped on . not kidding , i just received them from Ebay and they cost something like $14 and change so they get no more of my time , instead i'm waiting for my money to arrive in Paypal so i can get a set of Turtle Beach  X41's i think.thanks for your advice . concider it taken.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.