New hard drive question.

Hello there people, with the release of Battlefield 3 I thought it would be a great time for me to expand my Xbox slim 4GB to a 250GB capacity. I have just recently purchased an used 250GB slim compatible HDD from Ebay that is said to be "MS Official", my question is this, How can I be able to tell if the HDD is an official MS one? and also Is there any problems on having a non official HDD? Just a little concerned over this. Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you purchased it from Ebay and it was cheap, there's pretty much a 99% chance it's fake. There's really no way to tell if it's real or not by looking at it. If you can, you can try playing an original Xbox game with it. If it works, then it's real. If it doesn't then it's fake.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would never pay a few dollars cheaper just to buy a sketchy item from eBay when I can just spend an extra $5 - $10 and get a guaranteed working Hard Drive from Best Buy, Gamestop, or my local retailer. It is a lot more safe, efficient, and you have a warranty on it just in case something happens to it later on down the road. If I were you, I wouldn't purchase from eBay or third party retailers like eBay but instead purchase from Gamestop. If needed, you can always purchase the hard drive online on Gamestop or Best Buy's website.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.