New e-mail attached to a gamertag

About two weeks ago I made a new e-mail to go with my Xbox Live account, earlier today I tried to attach my gamertag to this e-mail and kept getting the error "This e-mail is already on another account" so I recovered the gamertag and what do you know? It does, I need help removing the gamertag since apparently has been off for quite some time (Probably half a year or so), so can anyone help out?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You cannot delete your account but you can change the email on that account Check out this FAQ:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apparently the account is a family account, I need the password of the main account holder in order to modify the Live ID attached to the gamertag, BTW the gamertag is LEADOFF09

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm confused how you "made a new email" if it is already attached to an existing account. If you don't have the ability to log into these account and make changes, I'm going to assume you shouldn't be making those changes. However, if you are unable to access your own account, please contact phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) for help on regaining access.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats why Im so confused, I don't know if you can make an account with an unused email, hopefully I can resolve this issue and be able to use my new email on my gamertag. Thanks for help guys, greatly appreciate.

Sorry this didn't help.