New e-mail + 2 accounts!

Howdy folks,

I'm a little bit stuck here, so let's see if I can make sense of this. To set the scene, I got my 360 a few years back when they were first released and I created my account with my e-mail address that I was using at that time (it was a personal address linked to my personal website, which is now closed).

I then didn't use my 360 for a long time as I had to move country (from UK to Spain) for work and I never had the time, but now I've got it all set up again. In the time whilst I wasn't using my 360, I created a Games For Windows LIVE account (which I needed for work) using my current e-mail address. So I am stuck now with 2 accounts and the following issues: 

1. My 'main' account on my Xbox 360 uses a mail address that no longer exists to log on, and I have over 5000 MS points on the account. I can't seem to find ANY way to simply update the address to an existing, functional, one?

2. I have a second account which was created for Games for Windows LIVE which uses my new (current) e-mail address, but apart from that it's useless as all my points etc are on the main account.

3. I originally bought the 360, setup and created my account in the UK, but I've since had to move to Spain for my work. Does that make any difference to my ability to purchase games/content and play online? Each time I try to upgrade my 'Free' Xbox LIVE account to 'Gold' Membership, I get some kind of error message (but it's not a user-friendly message that tells me what the issue is), I can only assume it's something to do with my location?

I'm sorry if that all makes no sense, it's a pretty confusing process all-round. In an ideal world, I just want to keep my old account, but update the e-mail address that I use to logon to my new one (but that's now associated to the account I created on Games for Windows LIVE).

Does anyone have any advice?
Cheers, James 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

In order to regain access to your old account, you'd have to call phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and verify ownership of the account. However, even if you do this, you will have a UK account in Spain, and you will most likely run into region-related issues on the marketplace. If you are permanently living in Spain now, you should create an account of the same region. There is no way to transfer these points and games from your old account to the new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response :). I was just reading another thread that said something similar. So the only real way to get around this is to create a new account associated to Spain ... and leave over 5000 MS points sitting on my UK account which are totally useless to me until I return there? Seems a little painful :(

Is there nothing to take into account that fact that people move countries? I understand the licence issues around games, DLC etc that I guess create issues, but this is just with reference to my Xbox LIVE account settings. I guess the fact that I am in Spain and not the UK is what's causing my attempts to re-subscribe to a GOLD account throw up error messages then?

Urgh ... disappointing :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.