New Controller, Headsets Don't Work

I bought the new xbox one controller so that I would not have to use the clunky adapter anymore and so that I could take advantage of the new built in "mic monitoring" feature which only seems to work if you have the new controller.

The good news is, the mic monitoring works flawlessly so obviously my microphones are working (I have tried 5 different headsets) and are compatible, however nobody else can actually hear me in party chat either in games or through the app. The chat ring will not light up, however the ring is there which means that the system recognizes a microphone AND since I can hear myself (mic monitoring) it obviously works.

So why the heck can't I actually chat in party? This is the whole reason I bought this "great" new product. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

check in settings/devices and accessories if the controller is assigned to your gamertag if its not this often causes the party app not to recognise a mic being present.

after that its trial and error for the volume and chatmixer also present in the devices/accessories/ wireless xbox one controller on the far left row the last 2 options ( these only appear if you have the new controllers with the built in 3.5mm jack ).

at this point i should mention that the party app had serious issues since a long time, mostly the connection in the party is stabilised after 20 to 30 seconds after connection then you can obviously talk or hear ppl. for some a simple disconnect and reconnect to the party works also. and if the above steps all dont work, get your controller replaced it is still under warranty and hope the next one wont do the same.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.