New Console won't sync with controller

Good evening all,

I've got a brand new Xbox 360 with the Kinnects as well as a wireless control. Literally, brand new. Pulled it out of the box and began setting it up (first time XBox owner). I followed the setup instructions provided but I am unable to connect the wireless controller to the Xbox. As of right now, I've got three green lights on the circle around the on/off power button. From my research, the ones that are lit up are slots 1, 3, and 4.

I press the "sync" button next to the USB ports on the front of the console but the console won't go into sync mode (as my research has indicated, all the lights around the on/off button blink, this console isn't doing that). I've tried unplugging everything (including the power cords for at least 1 minute), attaching to ethernet, unplugging the kinnects from the unit, new batteries in the controller, everything.

As for the wireless controller, it is acting as it should per my research. 

So the console is my issue here. Any idea how to make it sync since apparently holding down the sync button isn't working? 

Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

if its the xbox and its sync is broken you may need to return it, since its new you can even give it in with its warranty and get it repaired, but before you do you can try holding by the sync buttons on your controller and xbox simultaneously until they sync, note you have to press both sync buttons at the same time and hold them. but it most likely a messed up xbox if the lights wont show up

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.