New console won't read USB configured with old console

My old 360 (one of the originals) finally gave up the ghost and I ordered a new one.  The kinect-ready 250G HD one.  I was using my profile (and saving games) on my old console using a USB storage device, as I usually do when it will be awhile until I can connect to XBL.  When the new console I came I hooked it up and just tried to transfer some save games and load my profile using my USB.  It does not show as being configured.

I tried the thumb drive on a friend's older console and it shows my profile and save games like it always has.  Then I tried it on the new one again.  Nothing.

Is there a certain configuration or setting on newer consoles to make them "see" storage devices from older versions of the 360?  Thanks in advance all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I tried it again after a day and suddenly the new console can "see" the data on the thumb drive.  So I was able to move my profile and save games.  My advice if you encounter this problem is to just give it a day or so and keep trying.  Otherwise I didn't do anything and it resolved itself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad to hear you're back up and running :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.