New Computer, Windows 8, linking Microsoft acct

I purchased a new computer with Windows 8, I created a new Microsoft acct for it because I don't have access to my email originally associated with my Live/MS acct. I managed to then change the live/MS acct email to my current one (and delete the old one,) but my computer created a new Xbox profile when I tried to login to my Xbox live acct. So now I have two XBL accts linked to my MS acct, but I can only access the new one on Xbox.com. Is there anyway I can get my old acct to be the one connected to my MS acct and get rid of this new one, or am I stuck with a new XBL acct if I want them linked?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I would advise calling Xbox Support for this problem via support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Goose! When you try adding a new MS Account email to a device or Xbox.com, it creates a Gamertag for you. What you need to do is log into your account that you actually want to use and change the MS Account on it. You can get steps to do that in our "Questions about a Microsoft account or a gamertag" guide.

Here though we have the added bonus of needing to change this account's MS Account to free it up to use on your main account. Just create a new MS Account to use here, and then when the actual one is freed up, you'll be able to use it on your main. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.