New black xbox 250gb controller - permanently uncalibrated stick?

Hello people,

I recently bought the new 250GB Xbox 360 and the controller that it came with has been working great up until last night when I tried to hop on to Xbox Live and play some Modern Warfare 2. When I got into the game, and into one of the matches, my player started spinning in circles uncontrollably. I tried holding down the center button, turning off the controller, and turning it back on, but as soon as the controller synchronized with the Xbox, the character would start spinning again. I turned the whole system off, and turned it back on... same issue. I tried pressing the controller finder button on the xbox and on the controller - no change. After using a different controller (the old white one), the problem went away. I am sure it is something wrong with the new controller, but not sure what it is.

A few things I made sure of:

1. Thumbsticks were in neutral position when the controller was turned on and was connecting to the Xbox

2. Batteries were fresh - even tried some brand new ones

3. Distance was within 8-9 feet from the console, and tried moving really close (within a few inches)

This controller has never been dropped or damaged in any way. I have no idea how it could have happened, but if anyone has any information on how I can get a replacement or if there is something else I have not tried, let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Sounds like your Controller is Defective. Controllers have a 90 day warrenty from date of purchase. Try getting a repair order to get it fixed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.