New Beta update stuffed up my console. How can I try to redownload it or continue without it .

It has made many options of my console unaccessable and has meant I can't download or access any of my arcade games.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello,

If you believe an update has caused some sort of issue to your console, please follow the instructions here (Miss Ermine's post) to uninstall the update and then when you re-connect to Xbox LIVE you'll be prompted to download it again.

Unfortunately, there's no way to remove yourself or opt out of the program once you've registered for it. If you're having some sort of issue with the beta update in general please make a new post in the dashboard beta forums located here.

If you don't have access to that section of the forums just yet and you're seeing "GROUP NOT FOUND"  then please be patient as a forum support agent will need to look into your participation in the beta, once they have confirmed that they will add you to that section of the forums.

Please Note: You can only gain access to the beta forums if you have the "beta" channel on your Xbox 360 Dashboard. Only the person who ran the beta registration application will have access to the forums using their gamertag. No other gamertags will be able to access the forums. Since beta registration is now closed, it's not possible to get another console into the beta so you'd need to wait until the beta is released to the public later this year to make any purchases, or visit anyone's house you know of that also has this beta update to make purchases on their console for the time being.   

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Clearing the cache didn't work, and neither did anything else.

Sorry this didn't help.

You were following the instructions in the first post - follow the instructions in the second post as I said in my first post. Miss Ermine's post is the 2nd post in that linked thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

I already tried everything listed in her post, none of those helped.

Solution 1: It did not ask whether I would like to download it again.

Solution 2: I do have enough.

Solution 3: I did clear the system cache.

Solution 4: I did remove my hard-drive and re-placed it back in.

Solution 5: Could not do, as I don't have a spare working USB flash drive or blank CD's laying around. Plus it's a beta update, so I doubt that would help.

Solution 6: I already have it directly wired in, and how would that help anyway? No new updates are popping up. IT'S A BUG IN THIS UPDATE.

Solution 7: I temporarily removed my firewall, which I was not happy in doing. It did not help.

Solution 8: No error code.

After writing all this, (MOD REMOVED) I have calmed down.

As for solution 9, I have done that, and I am waiting for real support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum support can't assist with beta update issues, unfortunately. You'll need to make a post in the dashboard beta forums located here.

If you don't have access to that section of the forums they can look that over for you and grant you access once they have confirmed you're in the actual beta program.  

Sorry this didn't help.

You should have access to the Beta Forums and be able to post in there. Please do so we can get you the help you need! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.