New Aliens: Colonial Marines trailer!

Released today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DNpfL1XdHpE

its been given a 2012 release date as well!    Nice to finally have a release date for it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I really want this game and I'm hoping for some gameplay footage at E3.

Isnt this just the Marine Campaign from AvP?

Just found an extended cut where it shows a lot more gameplay, [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFij2bu1Nj4] exciting!

No its a completly seperate game.  If you look for other screen shots that were around when it was first annouced a lot of the scenes are taken from the film Aliens 2.  The marines space ship docking/ loading bay, and the planet in the film LV 426. If i remember correctly the game is based in between the first and second films.

I cann't wait for this and the first release date has already passed so hopefully that put even more polish on it.

I was hoping this game would resurface now that Gearbox have finished Duke Nukem.

Can't wait for this - shame its' still so far away! I have every confidence that Gearbox will make a much better game than the 'thing' that Rebellion pooped out with AVP.

Great news cheers OP,
I have been waiting a long time for some positive news about this game. Will be pretty cool getting to play in Hadleys hope and the Sulaco. Cant help wondering if we will get to see Hudson webbed to a wall shouting 'this aint happening man, this cant be happening' .

Fingers crossed this Aliens title will be worthy of the name.

As a MASSIVE Aliens fan, all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOUT BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

"Yeah-Baby!"

[quote user="PYRO PERV"]If i remember correctly the game is based in between the first and second films.[/quote]

It must be set after the events of 'Aliens' seeing as they're talking about finding half of Bishop, someone blowing the atmosphere processor and Ripley and Burke in the video posted earlier in the thread.

As much as I loved the films, I don't see how this is going to be anything other than a run of the mill shooter set in a load of tunnels. I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong though.

The Way it was sold originally was Left 4 Dead with Aliens. That got me hooked on the idea. From what was said about the game it was going to have you in a team trying to fight to get out of the base having to get through the base (sometimes to an objective and back out etc). At certain points you'd have the horde defence moment in Left 4 Dead where while some-one on your team goes for a certain task say hacking a door or cutting a bulk head.

The game was apparently going to have multiplae classes.

Medic - charged with keeping the team alive dealing with acid by neutralising it before it caused real damage and having a special tool to remove face huggers from people

Engineer charged with building barricades and welding doors etc aswell as ammo supplies and a few choice special weapons and reload turrets

Coms operative - charged with the high tech stuff, able to hack doors, set up auto turrets and trip wire fields etc as well as being the member of the team with a motion detector but at the price of weapons

Soldier - coming with extra heavy ordinance for the real sticky situations think miniguns and flamwthrowers also with heavier armour and C4 charges that can be set up as traps.

This is what i heard from initial reports anyway, to me atleast it sounds like it could be a damn good game that though L4D in style really manages to define itself as its own game.