New Account, old save files and more... Help?

Long story short, my account was hacked 10 days ago, and not from my side. (read into that what you will, I will not accuse any entity openly on here.)  So my years old Xbox Live account was shut down, and with it all the games and addonsI had purchased over the years.

Whatever, I'm over it. But now, I need to purchase and play the new Fallout DLC - Lonesome Road.  I started up this free account so I could do so... but am I going to be able to access my old save files, under the old profile that is still on my Xbox?

And what about the other DLC that was on that profile?

Basically: Is there any way to transfer a save to a new profile, or does it even matter? The DLC I can guess is lost, but shouldn't it still be accessible if it is downloaded on the console?

Thanks!

-Abe
-Host of NoWorriesWeekly, editor NoWorriesGaming.com

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You cannot transfer things from one account to another.  However, as long as you are still playing on the console that the DLC was originally downloaded to you can still access it with a new account.

As for the lost profile, why don't you call support and open an unauthorized access ticket.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did call support immediately, as money was withdrawn from our account.  I cannot access the account for at least 15 more days, but even then the agent told me a new account would have to be opened.

So your saying the save files are just lost? No way to move the saves to a new profile?

Sorry this didn't help.

nope nothing can be transferred including saves as the saves are locked to the tag that created them, sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Lovely. well thank you (no malice intended, although it may read that way).  time to decide whether to stick with m$ or jump to son(of a... they got hacked again)y

Sorry this didn't help.

Saves are not necessarily "locked" to a profile. That's a per-game decision by the devs/publishers, not a mandatory Live requirement. Having said that, most save game files are not permitted to be copied from one profile to another.

However, any game that permits a save to be copied from one profile to another must bar the earning of achivements while using another profile's save game file.

Sorry this didn't help.