New accessory idea

This is an idea of a new controller I think would be great if only made licensed for the xbox 360. Who remembers back for the ps2 Nyko made them airflow controllers which had the fans in them keeping your hands cool when playing for periods? Did you like them, if you remember them? I would like them see those controllers brought back to life by the licensed hands of Microsoft for the xbox 360. That would be an excellent accessory I think. What would you think of those kinds of controllers?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My friend had one of those for the 360.The fan broke and the B button started to stick.Maybe that's because he doesn't take good care of his things,I don't know.I'm not sure if you can find them any more or who made them though.They have lights in them too that you can turn on and off.This is what they look like:

Yeah I know. Those third parties didn't last long when I used them in the past. Nyko was the one I used for the ps2. The fans always did go out, but I would trust a name brand like Microsoft because they know their technology. If they can't or don't even make one, 9 times out of 10, it's because those just aren't made to last. They were nice controllers,just the fans went out all the time and for it to be licensed would be good if they found a way.

First party has always been the way to go. No matter what console it is. I've never been happy with 3rd party controllers no matter what they were. Headsets on the other hand are a completely different story.

How about you. Have you ever used the ones with fans in them while playing games? I only got them in the past because it was a cool feature, but then after looking at a gamecube I had that didn't power on because of a madcatz controller, in the past, I strictly used licensed, it was strange. I had a gamecube back when it was new, and mine wouldn't power on once, so I thought I had a defect, they mentioned are you using 3rd party, plug your licensed one in and see if it fixes it. Sure enough was back on and running. Very strange how a 3rd party accessory could do that, but after that, I never used a 3rd party again, including headsets, which is why I wish there was a licensed controller like the nyko one, but 9 times out of 10 there may not be because the fans blew out too much in them, but they were nice controllers to keep your hands cool while playing for periods.

I thought about buying one with the fans but never did. It was before they existed that I decided never to use 3rd party because of the bad ones I had from mad catz  and other companies for both my PS1 and Sega Geneses. They would break easy and even the ones that didnt just didn't feel right. As for headsets though, with the official ones, I have been through a good many of them from three last gen to two this gen. All cracked right away and the one that came with my slim, I didn't even use because everybody complained I was muffled unless I talked loud. I wish Microsoft had something that would rival the Astro gaming headsets which are some of the best money can buy. Quite pricy at 250.00 for the Astro A40's but well worth the money due to how amazing the 7.1 surround sound is. reviews.bestbuy.com/.../reviews.htm

Yeah, if they would take the idea of 3rd parties and turn it into their own, that would be another creative way for them to make our $$. There's plenty of 3rd party I've looked at and gone ,"Man,I wish this was licensed.", because after my experience with the mad catz on my gamecube before, I would never use another 3rd party. I thought my system was history and found out it was just the controller. I still find it relatively strange just how a controller could have stopped it from powering on, but it did. It would be nice to see those 3rd party inventions made licensed for owners to buy.

From what just read, your issue was a faulty prong for the controller. Things like the headphones I showed you though are a little bit different. They are basically high end PC headphones which are always going to be third party even on the PC. But since consoles are basically closed platform PC's now days, the headphones will work on a console as well. It's quite a bit different than Madcatz, Pelican and other controllers which are more like generic bargain items. Sony does have their official Pulse headset which is supposed to be really good on the PS3 however a good pair of Astros will beat them any day of the week. The Tritton Warheads are licensed with Microsoft for the 360 however Tritton is now owned by Mad Catz and in every comparison review, the Astros have won every time. And now after writing all this, the Astros I am talking about are sold on the Microsoft store which means they must be licensed. www.microsoftstore.com/.../list.true

True, I didn't think of it in that aspect. The newer ones are similiar to pc, while the older ones weren't. I trust the ones that say licensed by microsoft even if made by third party, because if it's licensed by microsoft, it means you're covered. I might check out some headsets like those ones soon, if my ones go bad. The thing I don't like about the ones that were included are the ear pieces. My first headset the ear piece broke off and I found a new headset for $12. If this one does it to me, I'll be looking at a new headset like the higher models.

As for the controller issue, I even pressed the power button on the gamecube itself and it wouldn't power on until I unplugged it and hooked up the licensed one. They mentioned something about hardware conflicts. Ever since then, 3rd parties have been a concern to me until it came to the newer platforms similiar to pcs. These newer ones will accept way more accessories than the older ones would. That was messed up I thought how the gamecube did that before all over a 3rd party. Pelican was better than madcatz before because they had a system replacement guarantee if theirs harmed your console, at least on the products I bought it had that kind of warranty.  The newer generation of consoles don't have as much to worry about with third parties.

Maybe others were better but the pelican controller I had for the ps1 broke in under a week. The plastic analog sticks also used to grind with the plastic on the controller casing. The only 3rd party controller I ever liked was this one right here which was pretty awesome. www.amazon.com/.../B001DVOXGM