New 250 gb matte ejecting constantly and switches on and off

I have a problem with console ejecting over and over. I have returned 3 since december to Amazon all  to be replaced only to have the exact same fault.I gave up on Amazon and went elsewhere,guess what same fault. I am wandering if this is something to do with electricity , I bought a power surge protector didnt solve issue.This definitely seems to only happen in one room as I have I have tested every room.The tv connected isnt the issue as have tested without being connected with same fault occuring.

One more thing,we have an old white one that has been tested in same room and it hasnt happened once.(it has an actual eject button,not a sensorbutton)

So frustrated with this problem somebody please help.(please dont tell me to clean it its brand new' also see above its the 4th console in 2 months,they have all been exchanged for new ones,one from a different vendor)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Pittbullie, Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with you console, but let me see if I get this correct.. The disc tray on your console keeps ejecting games for no reason at all? Is that correct?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The disc tray opens and shuts for no reason whilst making the pinging noise it makes, sometimes in the night.

All 4 consoles have done the same thing.

As if the sensor is hyper sensitive.

Its driving me nuts.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="PITTBULLIE"]

The disc tray opens and shuts for no reason whilst making the pinging noise it makes, sometimes in the night.

As if the sensor is hyper sensitive.

[/quote]

Yes, it seems like the touch sensitive "buttons" on the slim models are *VERY* sensitive. Neon light tubes in the vicinity or strong electric fields can trigger the buttons.

You can observe the behaviour in this YouTube Video, where someone turns the console on and off with a plasma lamp from quite a distance away.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is another video of a console being confused by a nearby neon light. So Make sure you don't have devices that emit a strong electric field near the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Arnimator, this could be why it doesnt do it downstairs , and only upstairs,where there is a digital neon light.

Sorry this didn't help.