New 250 GB HDD isn't recognized by Xbox 360

Hey guys. I bought a 250 GB HDD yesterday because I needed more memory. I bought a transfer cable about a year ago or so from eBay. Unfortunately, I hadn't read the post on here about third party transfer cables. (I don't really go on these forums.) I plugged in my transfer cable to my xbox with the new hard drive attached to it. It read as a USB storage device. I tried to configure it and it turned into a 16 GB HDD. I unconfigured it and tried plugging it into my Xbox directly. It wasn't recognized. Should I return my hard drive and try to get a new one and wait for my new transfer cable that I ordered from the Microsoft Store to arrive to transfer the content? Also, do I need to license transfer from one hard drive to another? or what? It would be helpful if you guys could help me. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry, but the hard drive is now permantely broken. You can try and see if you can get a replacement (if you're lucky). If they won't take it back, you'll need to buy a new HDD and make sure you have the official Transfer cable.

No, you won't need to transfer your licenses over, because it is still being used on the same console.

If it was a new Xbox, then yes, but not in this case.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.