Never ordering my games from the microsoft store again...

First, let me say I love xBox and XBLA.  I just need to vent.  Its Wednesday...and I still don't have my copy of Bioshock Infinite that I pre-ordered from the Microsoft store website in January.  It is not going to arrive until Friday.  If they can't get it out the door to arrive on release day, then why can't they ship it 2 day like Amazon offers for free? 

I have been a loyal customer buying all pre-releases from MSFTstore.com and getting my 1600 XBLA points.  Gears of War last week, and pretty much most new releases...about one or two per month.

Never again.  Not showing up on the day of release is one thing,....I can understand being a day late....but 4 days late. Seriously?  That totally blows! 

I called MSFT store support and they could care less.  Not even sorry...nothing. I got a response that "everyone gets their game through the same process, blkah blah blah"  Could they do anything to make things better?  No, of course not.

I mean, hey, since I am sitting around with twiddling my thumbs for  the rest of this week waiting for my copy of Bioshock, would it kill them to apologize for the 4 day delay getting a product I pre-ordered 4 months back and kick me something like 800 XBLA points to hold me over until it arrives...nope.  they won't do a thing.  Return the game they said...right, and lose my pre-order benefits.

Amazon.com and Best Buy both offer $20 gift certificate with a pre-release games now, so the 1600 XBLA points aren't that special.  With teh $20 i can buy 1600 points from them and get the game on the release date.  From now on I will go that route and suggest others do as well.

Simply put, MSFT could care less if you get a game on the day it is released, and they have horrible support...most likely i talked to a guy in India.  He had zero power to do anything but confirm that MSFT didn't really care and doesn't do anything to make the situation better.

Thanks for the rant.... maybe it will last for a few before mods delete the post.  It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

i will take my business elsewhere.....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Well I don't know much about pre ordering games online and getting them shipped to you but I do know this. For one Microsoft support is based in the US. Also I know a few companies (I don't know how many) don't ship out the games that were pre ordered from them until the actual release. For example I was going to pre order a hard copy of Sim City 5 but if I did I would't have gotten it until 4 or 5 days after it came out so I went with the digital copy so my computer could download it as soon as it was available. If you don't like it then do what you say you're going to do and take your business elsewhere.

[quote user="Dylan Qu3nt"]If they can't get it out the door to arrive on release day, then why can't they ship it 2 day like Amazon offers for free?[/quote]Unless Amazon ran a special promo for Infinite, free two-day shipping is only for Prime members. It's technically not "free", it's $80/yr for Prime.[quote]I have been a loyal customer buying all pre-releases from MSFTstore.com and getting my 1600 XBLA points.  Gears of War last week, and pretty much most new releases...about one or two per month.[/quote]And now we see why you use MS instead of Amazon.[quote]I can understand being a day late....but 4 days late.[/quote]Game release days are Tuesday. If you're getting it Friday, that means it's three days late, not four.[quote]would it kill them to apologize for the 4 day delay[/quote]Three day delay.[quote]and kick me something like 800 XBLA points to hold me over until it arrives...nope.[/quote]Why would they? You already received a 1600 MSP code.[quote]Amazon.com and Best Buy both offer $20 gift certificate with a pre-release games now,[/quote]They offer that for some games, not all.[quote]Simply put, MSFT could care less if you get a game on the day it is released[/quote]Most online ordering is like this, unless you want to pay extra for release date or two-day shipping.

Out of curiousity, why would you complain about what Best Buy/Amazon offered as pre-order initiatives?  That's what they do to try and earn your business.  If you thought their deals were better than MS stores... you should've just went there.  Capitalism is amazing stuff, peoples!

[quote user="Dylan Qu3nt"]

First, let me say I love xBox and XBLA.  I just need to vent.  Its Wednesday...and I still don't have my copy of Bioshock Infinite that I pre-ordered from the Microsoft store website in January.  It is not going to arrive until Friday.  If they can't get it out the door to arrive on release day, then why can't they ship it 2 day like Amazon offers for free? 

I have been a loyal customer buying all pre-releases from MSFTstore.com and getting my 1600 XBLA points.  Gears of War last week, and pretty much most new releases...about one or two per month.

Never again.  Not showing up on the day of release is one thing,....I can understand being a day late....but 4 days late. Seriously?  That totally blows! 

I called MSFT store support and they could care less.  Not even sorry...nothing. I got a response that "everyone gets their game through the same process, blkah blah blah"  Could they do anything to make things better?  No, of course not.

I mean, hey, since I am sitting around with twiddling my thumbs for  the rest of this week waiting for my copy of Bioshock, would it kill them to apologize for the 4 day delay getting a product I pre-ordered 4 months back and kick me something like 800 XBLA points to hold me over until it arrives...nope.  they won't do a thing.  Return the game they said...right, and lose my pre-order benefits.

Amazon.com and Best Buy both offer $20 gift certificate with a pre-release games now, so the 1600 XBLA points aren't that special.  With teh $20 i can buy 1600 points from them and get the game on the release date.  From now on I will go that route and suggest others do as well.

Simply put, MSFT could care less if you get a game on the day it is released, and they have horrible support...most likely i talked to a guy in India.  He had zero power to do anything but confirm that MSFT didn't really care and doesn't do anything to make the situation better.

Thanks for the rant.... maybe it will last for a few before mods delete the post.  It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

i will take my business elsewhere.....

[/quote]

Really complaining for a few days ? you are getting 1600MSP that we in other parts of the world don't get offers like this and waiting for a few days ain't going to kill you seriously play other games at the meantime isn't that hard is it ?

Go outside and play with friends until it comes. Problem solved.

Hey OP sorry for you but 3 days?

Other people always have to wait some extra days cause of the place they live at.

I would understand 1 week, yes then you would deserve an excuse and points but 3 days? Common ;)

I don't believe there is any reason to complain here.  If you wanted it that badly and on the same day, there are other local (gamestop) options for pre-ordering.  When you order something online, be ready to wait, in this day and age that should kind of be common sense.