Never got a free name change for my account

So I just noticed that I never got a free name change on my xbox live account at all, and no-one else would of got their name changed on my xbox to, because i'm the only one that plays it. I checked the name changer thing but it says I have to pay for it but I never got a free name change if anyone wants to help me with this just message me and maybe the xbox people can help me with this, and maybe even let me get my name changed for free.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

you only get a free name change if you had the system generate a tag for you when you created your account and you had 30 days to change it for free.  after 30 days you will have to pay the 800 points no way around it.  the only other way your tag gets free change is if your tag violates the rules and you get a Forced Name Change by the PET, but yours does not so paying the points is your ONLY option, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same I never got a free gamer tag change

Sorry this didn't help.

Please do not bump old threads.This one is over 5 years old.

In future it's always best to start your own thread if you need help with an issue.

The gamertag you are posting with is not a generated tag so you have used your free name change.

Sorry this didn't help.