Never again..

Now i know obviously microsoft doesnt care about me im just a customer whos supported them since day one butttt, never again will i spend a dime on anything microsoft.. Ive had 2 original xboxes, one halo 3 edition, and 2 slims.. Now i take great care of my purchases BUT Not ONE of my consoles has lasted more than a year whether it be the ring of death , a failing disk drive , or my favorite a thunderstorm, no matter what your xbox was manufactured with a set date to self destruct itself. I for one will not pay more than it costs to pay a months worth of bills to play xbox until they want me to purchase another console. To add to the garbage consoles they make they also make you pay monthly for xbox live which goes offline randomly at least 2 times a month. For all the money ive spent on xbox alone you would think id be a valued customer and theyd say [Profanity removed] man this guy has spent well over 2 grand on our products and has been [Profanity removed] every time.. but nope im just another dollar sign in their litlle scam. [Profanity removed] xbox ill pull my sega genesis out (which btw STILL works AMAZING RIGHT MICROSOFT????) before i even think about doing anything with microsoft again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

This is a support forum so unless you have an actual issue that needs resolving this should have been posted in the General Discussion Forum. 

But since you posted here I am inclined to respond. I have had my console for going on now three years and not a single issue. Perhaps I got lucky and got a working model or maybe I just take better care of it. Several factors come into play when electronics are involved with shelf life. Such as environmental factors, manufacturing, etc.

A thunderstorm is not covered by any company for any electronic device as that is considered an act of God. However you should be using a surge protector on all your electronics to prevent that kind of damage from happening. I would rather have to spend money replacing a surge protector than a TV or a game console. 

If you have been around XBL since day one as you claim you have then the subscription fee should be of no surprise and shouldn't even be a part of your rant, it just makes you look childish now that you threw that in there. If you knew the consoles were garbage then why in the world would you buy not one but five of them? 

Everyone is treated equally regardless of tenure. Everyone agreed to the same two digital contracts. No favorites or special treatment here. That is how it should be.

Why do people do that? They compare the Xbox 360 to yesteryears consoles. The requirements of yesteryears consoles was much lower than they are for the consoles of today so of course they would still be up and running with little to no issues at all. I have a N64 that works wonderfully after all these years and it gets used atleast three times a week for a few hours where as the one Wii I purchased had issues with the power and eject buttons only after a few days use. I took it back and bought a refurbished N64 for backup along with a few controllers and a game.

So, after all this do you have an actual issue that needs resolving or are you just venting/issuing empty threats?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had 4 consoles since the xbox came out (yes, I've been using since they first came out as well).

Once I've had to send one in for a warranty repair.

Then twice I took advantage of some deals trading in my (still working after 6 years) consoles for 2 new slims at a great deal.

Just out of curiosity though.  You say you've had a total of 5 consoles since day one.  Not one of those consoles has lasted a year even though you take care of them.  I'm sorry, but that math just doesn't add up.  Xbox live has been around for 10 years (with the new console) but you've only had 5 that only lasted one year.  How did that work out?

Sorry this didn't help.

reply to the first guy = youre the troll that knows it all huh?

2nd = i didnt say i didnt replace anything on the [Mod removed] consoles xbox gave me.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Killz4Karma"]

reply to the first guy = youre the troll that knows it all huh?

[/quote]

If you don't like the responses you get then don't post. Simple. 

Sorry this didn't help.

So none of your consoles lasted even one year?

Then there was no need to keep buying new ones, as they still would have been under warranty, no?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="E Mc Sq"]

So none of your consoles lasted even one year?

Then there was no need to keep buying new ones, as they still would have been under warranty, no?

[/quote]

Very good point. Why didn't you just use the warranty OP?

Sorry this didn't help.