Networking issue with two Xboxs and a laptop!!!!!!!!

Here's the deal..... Every time I connect to the internet with one device I'm fine. It's when I connect with my two xboxs (with two different profiles both gold) either one drops the connection or they both do. I've tried searching and can't find a clear way to fix this issue. My laptop connection will stay on with one xbox, but the moment I turn on the second one everything loses connection. I'm at wits end here. I bought a second xbox so my girlfriend can watch netflix or play tetris (basically be occupied) when I want to game. Here's what I'm dealing with hardware wise......   

Broadband Internet

Lynksys WRT54GS2 V1 router

two xboxs:   Slim with 250gb

Arcade with 60gb addon

Toshiba Satellite U450D laptop

Someone,anyone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mate, towards the bottom of this post is some info on using two Xbox 360 consoles on a network simultaneously. Please give this guide a look over, and then let us know if you have any other questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks mate, it's my router. Not able to have two open NAT connections at the same time. (That post helped me narrow it down)  Looks like an upgrade is in order on payday...I'm tired of messing with config options.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are looking to buy a new router to accomplish this also have a read through this, its always best to check everything is available in terms of firmware etc prior to buying:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This procedure usually fixes most problems with Linksys routers and xbox live.

1. Save a copy of your router's configuration settings to a file on your PC.

2. Upgrade the firmware in your router to the most recent firmware available, for your specific model, from Linksys  (www.Linksys.com/support)
or if you need a "certified" version of firmware that is no longer on the manufacturer's site, try here
http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/livecertifiedfirmware.htm

3. Perform a "Factory Reset" on the router. (Hold the reset button down for a count of 5 or more.... you will need to re-setup your wireless after doing this, but don't change anything else)

4. Verify that UPnP is enabled on the router. (It is located in the "Administration" section and is usually enabled by default). Also make sure that "Block random Internet requests" or "Filter Anonymous Internet Requests" is disabled (If your Linksys has this setting).

5. On your xbox, run the "Restore to Factory Defaults" function in the network settings area of the System Blade.

Do a complete power re-cycle of your network.

Power off your modem, your router (if you have one), your PCs, laptops, xboxes.  Power off everything on your network.

Let the whole system set unpowered for 30 minutes or more.

Then power them back on in this order.

1. Power on the modem (Wait a few minutes for the lights on the modem to settle down)

2. power on the router (Wait a few minutes here too)

3.  Power on your PC (Check to see that you have internet connectivity)

4. Power on your xbox  (Hopefully all works well at this point)

5. After your xbox is working properly and with your xbox still powered on, turn on the other devices on your network.

You should be good to go.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Found this. Hope it helps:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, KILL3RbyTRAD3! This thread is over 4 years old, and the original posters may have already resolved their issue. I suggest heading over to some more recent threads that have been posted to see if you can help users out by providing this information! We love seeing you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more helpful posts from you! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 0 Applies to: