Networking Difficulties

Good evening! I recently returned to University and attempted to connect my Xbox One to the secure wifi. I received a message saying that "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal) and WEP network security protolcols, but your router is using something else. You'll need to change your router's configuration." It recommended that I go to xbox.com/networkhardware, but I did not see any recommendations for the router my University uses ( a Cisco E13-577-wap). If anyone has any advice on this, I would be immensely grateful. Thank you so much!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

[quote user="commando37"]I recently returned to University and attempted to connect my Xbox One to the secure wifi. I received a message saying that "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal) and WEP network security protolcols, but your router is using something else.[/quote]Could it be that the WLAN for your University are using the 802.1X, for authentication? Meaning, for you to gain access to your University's protected network/WLAN and to the Internet-at-large, you would first have to, through browser, or an app, login with your login credentials, to have these validated and authorized, before you have connectivity to the Internet-at-large.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I didn't make myself clear, the login process is via your PC- or Mac machine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.