Network speeds at 93.03 mbps download and 23.22 mbps upload, yet Xbox One get's .68 download and .08 upload

Hi everyone, I live in a small apartment complex and we have been experiencing issues with our xbox connection. We have 99% wireless strength so connection isn't the issue. My friend and I both have xbox one consoles that perform poorly while our laptops are blazing fast.

Do you think this could be an issue with our landlord putting up firewalls? 

Last night, a bunch of tenants noticed that Netflix was blocked for a period of time and we think he might be putting firewalls up on anything that isnt a laptop to decrease the bandwith spread. Our apartment has 1 router for about 40 live ins. 

Let me know what you think and thank you for the help!

XBOX One Test:

.68 download

.08 upload

1623 Latency (seen it in the 2-3-4 thousands)

12% packet loss

1480 MTU

Laptop Test:

93.03 download

23.22 upload

Ping = 24ms

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I'm not sure what's happening but something similar is happening with my connection too. My download and upload is on par but my ping over 400, while on the same connection laptop ping will be in the low 20's

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

first lets try power cycling your Xbox one support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console you can simply use the restart option in the settings its the same. if everything is the same you may need to contact your landlord to see if they are restricting access to the appropriate ports required for a better connection to Xbox live services

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.